Day 10 of our isolation. Seems like day 100.
Bondi Beach closed due to morons ignoring crowd rules. Italy hits 4825 due to too many ignoring social distancing. British Columbia’s top doctor ordered all personal service establishments – such as salons and spas and whorehouses, to be shut down, though to be fair, I added the last business.
Life inside our zoo changed little today. For the first time, after doing much research, we decided it was safe to order something in, but being super worried at the moment, we wiped down all the containers, put the food on clean plates, then tossed the containers out. And washed our hands about 100 times.
The food was delicious and, to help the local economy, we ate local. Zythos. Good food. Easy delivery.
I had a bad day for actually getting anything done. I don’t know what happened, but the day ended without a single job on my list done. Meanwhile, The-Oldest finished off yet another music piece and The-Prettiest-Girl-in-the-World did yoga, made everyone’s bed, washed her bras, recharged her car battery, did the dishes, chatted with her friends and her mom, and made a cool lego model.
Goddamn, I have to do better tomorrow.
Luckily, I wasn’t the worst offender. The-Youngest got out of bed, YouTubed, gamed a bit, and began work on his 1/100 rollercoaster scale model.
Wait, dammit, he did do more than me, too.
I guess we’re all dealing with this in our own way, but I do not want to have another wasted day like today.
Since I have nothing more to say that wouldn’t be a rant about idiots not distancing, lack of face masks, ventilators, cleaning supplies and a gigantic variety of grocery items, here are 10 quotes to remember for these trying times:
- “Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws.” Douglas Adams.
- “We’re in the stickiest situation since Sticky the Stick Insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” Edmund Blackadder.
- “There are a great many people in the country today, who through no fault of their own, are sane.” Monty Python.
- “Reality continues to ruin my life.” Calvin (from Calvin and Hobbes). “It’s not denial. I’m just selective about the reality I accept.” Calvin, again, cuz he’s wise.
- “Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So, today is my new favorite day.” Winnie the Pooh.
- “Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.” Dave Barry.
- “Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.” Voltaire.
- “I intend to live forever. So far, so good.” Steven Wright.
- “Folks, I don’t trust children. They’re here to replace us.” Stephen Colbert
- “If I get quarantined for two weeks with my wife and I die. I can assure you it was not the virus that killed me.” All husbands across the world.
Thanks to everyone who’s keeping in touch with us, and for those sharing or liking the blog. It’s my way of getting through this, though I think my sense of humor failed today.
Be safe, be healthy and respect this new world.
Some advice on mental health here.
All wives across the world too, Joe!