How the Big Bang Theory Has Changed Our Lives.
Now understand, I’m not talking about the actual theory, which I believe involves the creation of the universe and Angelina Joli. No, this is about the TV show.
We thought it was safe to let the boys watch it.
I guess TV influences us all in one way or another. I used to play Star Trek with my brother where we flung ourselves around the bedroom, yelling at Scotty to give us more power. Or making sure I had the official Gilligan’s Island metal lunch box.
So here’s how BBT influenced us. (And by ‘Big Bang’, I mean Sheldon.)
- The Youngest now goes into the movie theater, sits down and makes a honking sound to find the ‘acoustical sweet spot.’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zIY6DQSlbY
- Thursday is anything-can-happen-Thursday. It could be anything from an extra slice of ham in their ham and cheese sandwich, to a quiz in their lunch (about hockey for the Youngest or odd facts about spiders for the Oldest), to me forgetting to bring the water-bottle (Ok, let’s not lie here, that’s a pretty common occurrence.)
- Each boy now has a special spot on the couch where the heat is just right in the winter and a breeze cools them off in the summer. How they have a different spot, I don’t understand, but whatever.
- Sheldon can scientifically prove that girls are icky. They approve of this. It’s pretty much validates their entire view of the opposite sex. Sort of like me finding an article on the internet that said I could eat donuts and lose weight.
- Sheldon plays Settlers of Catan so it’s ok to play Settlers of Catan (and Will Wheaton even has a show devoted to it!)
- They have become super interested in Uranus. No other planet makes them giggle as much.
- The boys want their own Flash costume, but only if it actually works.
- Both want to sit at home and send a robot to school in their place.
- If we were a gang, our gang sign would be the vulcan live-long-and-prosper-thingee.
But hey, my friend named her Dog Bazinga, so I guess that show has influenced us all.
It could be worse.
They have just discovered how awesome the Simpson’s is. Doh!
Does anyone else have a show that has influenced your family for good or bad?
Pingback: Stepdaddying Adventures - The Power of TV - JustStepdadJoe
That’s really funny!!! I so wish I had grown up with BBT as a kid.
Pingback: Stepdad Game Night | About A Stepdad
Pingback: Stepdad Game Night | Stepdad