The Last Hurrah!
We made it across the border without any problems. I think the border agent saw that we were exhausted and basically innocent-looking and let us through. That or she had duck dynasty to watch on her ipad. Either way, we got home late, exhausted and ready for bed.
But the trip had been, without a doubt, a huge success.
We went on a safari, we played in legoland, we wandered around museums and parks. We toured the hell out of Seaworld, tried new foods, explored an aircraft carrier, saw Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Exhibit, and saw a new-born baby gorilla, a playful honey badger and elephants at a spa.
I took over 300 pictures. I wrote 58 blogs. We bought enough Lego to fill a small backpack. We laughed together, explored together, got lost together. The youngest went on his first adult rollercoaster. The oldest got tried foods he never, ever would have tried at home. The Prettiest-girl-in-the-world got to visit with an old friend. And me? I got to feed seals, got a ‘moment’ with the youngest, got to ride a flight sim with the oldest and got to do all of the adventures with the Prettiest-girl-in-the-world.
How lucky are we?
How lucky am I?
For the record though, here’s 10 things that didn’t happen that people probably bet would have happened.
1) No sunburns. The solution. Massive application of suntan lotion. I mean massive.
2) No blisters. And that’s a secret to any great trip – Good footwear. Spend the money. Seriously. You’ll thank me later.
3) No one threw up. The prettiest girl in the world came close on Friday. I came close on the Midway sim. But no one tossed their cookies. I have to say, I would have bet against this one, too.
4) Nothing got stolen. It was a pretty safe city, but you just never know.
5) None of us got arrested. Even the youngest.
6) No speeding tickets. Not that we didn’t speed. We just didn’t get caught.
7) No one drowned. However, swimming lessons are being organized as we speak.
8) No one lost their wallet, keys, passports or prescription glasses. Let’s not say anything regular sunglasses.
9) No child was lost for any appreciable time. Nothing will ruin a trip with children than actually losing one or two of them.
10) No one got kicked out of any zoos for trying to play with the lions. Or tigers. Or bears.
So what great adventures have you had traveling with kids?
And thanks to everyone who took the time to read this blog series. Oh, I won’t stop blogging about my adventures as an older guy being a new parent – it’s an amazing experience I want to share.
But there won’t be a post a day, any more. Please stop cheering. It’ll fall back into a once a week thing. Many more stories await to be told. And many more adventures yet to come.
If you like the blog, please follow or ‘like’ my Facebook page that features me looking super handsome.
No. You can’t end this adventure, I was having too much fun. Gotta do more, and write more about it, please. Thank you for all the blogs, they were a lot of fun and really good to read.
Thanks for your feedback. As it turns out, the stories keep coming. Stay tuned.